FREE TAX HELP
Free tax help is once again available at the Ohio County Public Library. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program has set up shop in the lower level of the Library and will be providing tax assistance from January 23 to April 18, 2017.
The VITA program is not part of the library. To speak to the tax volunteers directly, please call 304-232-8985.
Hours are as follows:
▶ MON: 9:30 am to 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm*
▶ TUES: CLOSED
▶ WED: 9:30 am to 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm*
▶ THURS: 9:30 am to 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm*
▶ FRI: 10 am to 3:00 pm*
▶ SAT: By appointment only
▶ SUN: CLOSED
*Last Client sign-up is 1/2 hour before closing time but does not guarantee time to do your taxes.
If you are having your taxes done at the Library, you MUST bring the following:
1. REQUIRED: PICTURE ID(s) for the taxpayer (and spouse for joint).
2. REQUIRED: Social Security Cards for EVERYONE on the return.
3. REQUIRED: 1095-A if you have marketplace insurance.
4. ALL tax related forms and information.
5. LAST YEAR'S RETURN if you itemized or have any carryovers.