Ohio County Public Library



Ohio County Public Library

Ferry Boat Conveyer


Transportation in Wheeling Icon
 ▶  WHEELING HISTORY  ▶  TRANSPORTATION   ▶   RIVERBOATS

▼ Ferry Boat Conveyer Quicklinks

 ▼ History  |   ▼ Newspaper Articles   |   ▼ Images    


Ferry Boat Conveyer

The Conveyor was built in Middleport, Ohio in 1898 and operated as a ferry between Martins Ferry and Wheeling. Levi W. Inglebright of Martins Ferry ran the ferry Conveyor from 1898 to 1905 from Martins Ferry to First Street in Wheeling and to Wheeling’s wharf. The Aetnaville Bridge built in 1891, cut into Inglebright’s ferry business considerably and she was sold in 1905. A 1900 W.C. Brown photograph of the ferryboat called the Conveyor "the most direct route to Martins Ferry.”
 


Newspaper Articles

▶ No news articles at this time


Photograph

Brown Photograph 87: The Ferryboat


Riverboats  |  Transportation  |  Wheeling History Home  |  OCPL Home  

alt : OCPL Disclaimer