Ohio County Public Library



Ohio County Public Library

Wesley Methodist Church


Places of Wheeling Icon
 ▶  WHEELING HISTORY  ▶  PLACES  ▶  CHURCHES

▶ Wesley Methodist Church Quick Links

    ▼ History  |   ▼ Location   |   ▼ Photo   |   ▼ Notes   |   ▼ Additional Resources    


Wesley Methodist Church in Wheeling

Wesley chapel, formerly known as South Wheeling church, erected on Jacob Street, eighth ward, was built in 1850, rebuilt in 1871 [1], and extensively remodeled in 1890.

Wesley and Chapline Street Methodist Churches merged to form Aldersgate Church in 1966. Wesley Methodist Church was located at 3722 Jacob Street.

 Read a history of Wesley Methodist Church from the 1949 100th Anniversary Celebration

[1] "Cyclopedia of Methodism: Embracing Sketches of Its Rise, Progress, and Present Condition, with Biographical Notices and Numerous Illustrations," L. H. Everts, 1881.


Location

▶ Wesley Methodist Church was located at 3722 Jacob Street (no longer standing).


Photo

Wesley Methodist Church, 100th Anniversary, June 1949


Notes

  • No notes at this time   

Additional Resources

Library resources:
▶ Vertical File: Wheeling Methodist Churches, (Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk).


Churches  |  Places of Wheeling Home  |  Wheeling History Home  |  OCPL Home  

alt : OCPL Disclaimer