Ohio County Public Library



Ohio County Public Library

Board of Trade Building

Places of Wheeling Icon
 ▶  WHEELING HISTORY  ▶  PLACES  ▶  HISTORIC ARCHITECTURE

▼ Board of Trade Building Quick Links

 ▼ History  |  ▼ Locations   |   ▼ Images   |   ▼ Additional Resources 


Board of Trade Building in Wheeling

Built between 1901 and 1902 on the site of the former courthouse, the Board of Trade Building was erected on the corner Chapline and 12th Streets for a total cost of a little more than $170,000. The Old Court House was razed in 1900 to make way for the six-story office building and theatre structure. The Court Theatre, located on the first floor of the Board of Trade Building, opened its doors in September 1902 with the musical comedy Miss Simplicity. The Board of Trade Building was designed by Wheeling architect Edward Bates Franzheim

▶ Also see: Court Theatre


 Location

 ▶ 80 12th Street (Corner of 12th and Chapline)


Images

Board of Trade


Additional Resources

Materials in the Library:
▶ Vertical File: Wheeling Board of Trade, Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk.
▶ Wheeling Board of Trade Yearbooks, (1900-1901, 1905-1910, 1912-1914) Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk.


Historic Architecture  |  Places of Wheeling Home  |  Wheeling History Home  |  OCPL Home  

alt : OCPL Disclaimer