Ohio County Public Library

Ohio County Public Library

Rex Theater

Places of Wheeling Icon

▼ Rex Theatre Quick Links

 ▼ History  |  ▼ Locations   |   ▼ Images   |   ▼ Additional Resources 

Rex Theatre in Wheeling

Designed by Wheeling architect Edward Bates Franzheim, construction began on the 900-seat Rex Theater in 1914. 

WWVA broadcast its weekly live music program, WWVA Jamboree in the Rex Theater from 1962 to 1965.

In later years, it was called the Coronet Theater. It was demolished in 1989 and replaced by one-story expansion structure of Wheeling Office Supply.


 ▶ Rex Theater, 1422 Market St. (Demolished -- now the site of Wheeling Office Supply.)


Rex Theater

Additional Resources

Materials in the Library:
▶ Vertical File: Rex Theater, Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk.

Historic Theaters  |  Places of Wheeling Home  |  Wheeling History Home  |  OCPL Home  

alt : OCPL Disclaimer