The Verne SwainThe Verne Swain
Verne Swain, 1920sShe was built in 1913, began operating in the Pittsburgh-Wheeling packet trade in 1918. She ran excursions until she was sold and renamed in 1927. (Way's Packet Directory, p. 468)
Enlargement of the above picture
|River Transportation Home|OCPL Home|History On-Line|
Service provided by the staff of the Ohio County Public Library in partnership with and partially funded by the Wheeling Natonal Heritage Area Corporation.