Free tax help will once again be available at the Ohio County Public Library. The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program has set up shop in the lower level of the Library and will be providing tax assistance from January 27 to April 15, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: The VITA program is not part of the library. Library staff cannot schedule appointments or answer questions about your taxes. To speak to the tax volunteers directly, you will need to call 304-232-8985.
▶ MON: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm*
▶ TUES: CLOSED
▶ WED: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm*
▶ THURS: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm*
▶ FRI: 10 am to 3:00 pm* (Library does not open until 10 am on Fridays)
▶ SAT: By appointment only
▶ SUN: CLOSED
*Last Client sign-up is 1/2 hour before closing time but does not guarantee time to do your taxes.
1. REQUIRED: PICTURE ID(s) for the taxpayer (and spouse for joint).
2. REQUIRED: Social Security Cards for EVERYONE on the return.
3. REQUIRED: 1095-A if you have marketplace insurance.
4. ALL tax-related forms and information.
5. LAST YEAR'S RETURN if you itemized or have any carryovers.
© Copyright 2020 Ohio County Public Library. All Rights Reserved. Web site by TSG.