Transparent Language Online offers the most comprehensive language-learning solution for libraries. With this flexible program, you can quickly and easily learn new languages using our wide variety of courses and activities.
- Over 100 Languages (and Growing!): From Afrikaans to Zulu, the number of languages available is constantly growing.
- Flexible Learning Path: Follow our plan or blaze your own trail. We give you a starting point, but you choose what you’d like to learn.
- Speaking Practice: Transparent Language’s proprietary EveryVoice™ technology speech-enables classic learning activities like Multiple Choice and Pronunciation Practice, allowing you to compare your pronunciation to that of a native speaker.
The first time you use Transparent Language, you will need to provide your library card number and create an account. You can do so by selecting the "Sign Up" tab on the homepage or from the Transpapapp (for iPhones: App Store | for Android phones: Google Play). Registration to Transparent Language requires an email address and an Ohio County Public Library card.
The Great Courses: University-Level Classes online
With hundreds of videos on subjects ranging from photography to physics, astronomy to art, history to health, and more, The Great Courses Library Collection has courses on how to do it, how to learn it, or how it happened, taught by the top 1% of university professors and experts from the Ivy League and other renowned schools and institutions.
The Great Courses classes are now also available through WVDeli/Libby. Log in with your Ohio County Public Library card number and PIN to start learning! When you access The Great Courses through WVDeli/Libby, you will have access to all of the classes available for one week. Each weekly access counts as one checkout of your ten allotted checkouts through WVDeli/Libby.
➤ Get a one-week pass to The Great Courses classes through WVDeli/Libby
➤ View our Getting Started with WVDeli page
Some of The Great Courses classes are now also available through Hoopla. Audio-only courses count as one check out on Hoopla. However, each episode of a video course counts as one checkout. OCPL patrons are allowed 10 Hoopla checkouts per month.
ArtistWorks for Libraries provides patrons with world-class instruction through self-paced video lessons from Grammy Award-winning music and artistic professionals. ArtistWorks for Libraries offers users everything they need for musical and artistic instruction, from introduction to advanced performance. Students now have access to this kind of instruction, regardless of reductions/eliminations of school music programs and without the high cost of private instruction.
- Beginner to advanced music instruction for the most popular string and band instruments
- Professional musicians provide instruction
- Art and voice classes also included
ArtistWorks for Libraries is now available through WVDeli/Libby. Log in with your Ohio County Public Library card number and PIN to start learning! When you access ArtistWorks through WVDeli, you will have access to all of the classes available for one month. Each monthly access counts as one checkout of your ten allotted checkouts through WVDeli/Libby.