Built between 1901 and 1902 on the site of the former courthouse, the Board of Trade Building was erected on the corner Chapline and 12th Streets for a total cost of a little more than $170,000. The Old Court House was razed in 1900 to make way for the six-story office building and theatre structure. The Court Theatre, located on the first floor of the Board of Trade Building, opened its doors in September 1902 with the musical comedy Miss Simplicity. The Board of Trade Building was designed by Wheeling architect Charles W. Bates.
OCPL appreciates the generosity and thoughtfulness of its many patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials to the Library. Because of the overwhelming number of items donated, the limited amount of staff time to handle these donations, and limited space to house the donated materials, OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations of books, historical materials, and other materials of value. Please read more about our Donation Policies: