Sign Up For News And Updates

First Name:
Last Name:
E-mail Address:
Sign up for the following:







Address:
City:
State:
ZIP:
Mobile Phone:
Notice​CURBSIDE SERVICES AVAILABLE - STAFF ANSWERING PHONES - LIBRARY REMAINS CLOSED TO PUBLIC

Ohio Valley General Hospital School of Nursing Records, 1914-1963


OCPL Archives and Special Collections Icon ➤  ARCHIVES  ➤  FINDING AIDS   


OCPL Archives and Special Collections


Ohio Valley General Hospital School of Nursing records


About this collection:

➤ The City Hospital opened in 1890, following an initiative by Wheeling women’s groups led by the women of St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church. City Hospital took quarters in the former Wheeling Female Seminary and opened to patients in 1892. On January 14, 1914, the East Building of the present hospital complex was opened on the old seminary site, and the hospital officially became Ohio Valley General Hospital. City Hospital Training School for Nurses opened in conjunction with the hospital in 1892 and was the first nursing school in West Virginia. The school of nursing closed in 1988.

The collection consists of selected records from the Ohio Valley General Hospital School of Nursing, including a 1935 procedure book, minute books from the Alumnae Association, 1914-1942, and reports from the School of Nursing Committee, 1915-1935; 1951-1963.

➤ Interested in this material? Please use our "Ask an Archivist Form" or call 304-232-0244.


 


▶ Click here to view pdf in full window 

alt : OCPL Disclaimer

Services and Locations