Sign Up For News And Updates

First Name:
Last Name:
E-mail Address:
Sign up for the following:






Address:
City:
State:
ZIP:
Mobile Phone:

First Church of Christ Scientist | Agape Baptist Church


Places of Wheeling Icon
 ▶  WHEELING HISTORY  ▶  PLACES  ▶  CHURCHES

▶ First Church of Christ Scientist Quick Links

    ▼ History  |   ▼ Location   |   ▼ Images   |   ▼ Newspaper Articles   |   ▼ Additional Resources    


First Church of Christ Scientist in Wheeling

Agape Baptist ChurchThe First Church of Christ Scientist in Wheeling was organized in 1906. The congregation dedicated their church building, located at the northwest corner of 14th and Jacob streets, April 4, 1926. Designed by E. Edward Wolfe of Sandusky, Ohio, the building features a blond brick facade with Doric columns lining the entryway. Stone sills support opaque geometric windows. It is now part of the East Wheeling Historic District.

The building was the home of Wheeling's First Church of Christ Scientist from 1926 until 1994. It has been the home of Agape Baptist Church since 1995.  


Location

▶ 99 14th Street


Images

First Church of Christ Scientist | Agape Baptist Church

Newspaper Articles

First Church of Christ Scientist Dedicates New Auditorium, Wheeling Daily Intelligencer, Monday, April 5th, 1926


Additional Resources

Library resources:
Vertical file: Wheeling Christian Science Churches. Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the Reference Desk.
Vertical file: Wheeling Baptist Churches. Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the Reference Desk.


Churches  |  Places of Wheeling Home  |  Wheeling History Home  |  OCPL Home  

alt : OCPL Disclaimer

-Information on this page compiled by lhoracek and erothenbuehler
Services and Locations