Peoples Bank of Wheeling
The Peoples Bank in Wheeling was organized in 1860.
In 1876, an Italianate building designed by Wheeling architect S. M. Howard was constructed for the bank at Main and 12th streets. The new bank building incorporated stone, brick, and iron. The People's Bank Building housed the bank on the main floor, Wheeling's Western Union telegraph office in the basement, offices on the second, and a fraternal lodge on the third.
▶ NW Corner of Main and 12th Street
▶ Vertical File: Wheeling Bank & Banking Historical, Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk.