The foundation for this imposing quarried stone castle-like mansion on the northeast corner of 15th and Eoff streets was begun April 11, 1891. It was built by Wheeling businessman, brewer, and philanthropist, Anton Reymann. Though the residence is gone today, the Romanesque Revival carriage house, with its distinctive ornamental parapet with a bas-relief of King Barbarosa, still stands and was for many Padden's Pharmacy (which closed December 2016).
History coming soon.
▶ Corner of 15th and Eoff Streets (demolished, now a parking lot. The carriage house for the mansion still stands and is currently occupied by Padden's Pharmacy)
OCPL appreciates the generosity of patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials. Due to the number of items donated, limited staff, and limited space to house materials, the OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations and encourage reading our Donation Policies before donating: