Stone & Thomas Tea Room Collection, 1955-2007
➤ ARCHIVES ➤ FINDING AIDS
Stone & Thomas Tea Room Collection
About this collection:
➤ The first Stone & Thomas Department Store opened in 1847 on Market Street in Wheeling, as the Bee Hive. It was owned by Jacob C. Thomas and Elijah J. Stone and later renamed Stone & Thomas, the store and the company prospered for over a 150 years. In 1998 Stone & Thomas was sold to the Elder-Beerman Company of Dayton, Ohio. In 2000, the Tea Room, which had continued operation under the auspices of Elder-Beerman, closed its doors along with the store. The collection consists of material relating to the Stone and Thomas Tearoom Memories program at the Good Shepherd Nursing Home in 2007; includes photocopies of photographs of the Tea Room and the Stone & Thomas store, sample menus, and clippings about the Tea Room and the store in general.
➤ Interested in this material? Please use our "Ask an Archivist Form" or call 304-232-0244.
▶ Click here to view pdf in full window