Current Job Openings
Part-Time Library Clerk Openings:
The Ohio County Public Library is currently accepting applications for two part-time Library Clerk positions at 20 hours per week. Library clerks work circulation, shelve library materials, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Individual must be a high school graduate with excellent typing and computer skills.
- Scheduled hours are: Monday 9 am - 1 pm or 11 am - 3 pm; Tuesday 1 - 6 pm or 2 - 6 pm; Wednesday 10 am - 6 pm or 2 - 6 pm; Thursday 11 am - 2 pm or off; Friday 9 am - 1 pm or off; and every other Saturday 10 am – 3 pm.
- Position pays $10 hourly with paid sick leave, vacation leave, and Public Employee Retirement benefits.
Those interested should apply by filling out this downloadable application form (.pdf file).
Application forms may be filled out digitally or they may be printed and filled out in pen. Note: To digitally fill out an application, the form will need to be downloaded to a device (computer/laptop/tablet) and opened with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software. Once all of the fields have been filled in the digital application, you must save the file before sending it.
- Digitally filled applications may be emailed to [email protected].
- Printed and completed applications may be mailed to:
Ohio County Public Library
C/O Dottie Thomas
52 - 16th Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
These positions are immediately available. Applications will be accepted until these positions are filled.
If you would like to receive email announcements for future employment opportunities, you can subscribe to our "Job Openings" email subscription list. To do so, go to our news page, then click the "Subscribe" button under "Subscribe to Stay Informed." Enter your name and email address in the pop-up box and make sure the "Job Openings" box is checked to ensure you receive news of our next open position.
You can also stay up to date with all our latest news — including future employment opportunities — through our OCPL Connect smartphone app, available for both iPhones and Android devices.