VITA: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
Free tax help is available at the Ohio County Public Library through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. The VITA program usually starts near the end of January and finishes on the last day of tax season (generally April 15th). The VITA program is located in the Meeting Room (next to the elevator) on the lower level of the Library.
VITA will be providing tax assistance from January 27 to April 15, 2020.
The VITA program is not part of the library. To speak to the tax volunteers directly, please call 304-232-8985.
Hours are as follows:
▶ MON: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm*
▶ TUES: CLOSED
▶ WED: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm*
▶ THURS: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm; 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm*
▶ FRI: 10 am to 3:00 pm*
(Note: Library does not open until 10 am on Fridays)
▶ SAT: By appointment only
▶ SUN: CLOSED
*Last Client sign-up is 1/2 hour before closing time but does not guarantee time to do your taxes.
If you are having your taxes done at the Library, you MUST bring the following:
1. REQUIRED: PICTURE ID(s) for the taxpayer (and spouse for joint).
2. REQUIRED: Social Security Cards for EVERYONE on the return.
3. REQUIRED: 1095-A if you have marketplace insurance.
4. ALL tax-related forms and information.
5. LAST YEAR'S RETURN if you itemized or have any carryovers.