The Wheeling-Ohio County Airport
Stifel Field, which would become the Wheeling-Ohio County Airport, was dedicated November 1, 1946 (view the souvenir booklet from the dedication). The last commercial flight was offered in 1970. The airport is now owned by the Ohio County Commission and runs as a public airport serving Wheeling and Ohio County.
Wheeling Ohio County Airport covers 1,000 acres and has two intersecting 150-foot asphalt runways.
More history coming soon.
➤ 1178 Girtys Point Rd.
➤ No newspaper articles at this time.
➤ Vertical File: Wheeling Airport, Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk.
➤ Archives Vertical File: Wheeling-Ohio County Airport, non-circulating, must make an appointment to view. Call 304-232-0244