Haskins' Hospital was founded in 1886 by Thomas M. Haskins, M. D. An Annex was added in 1900. By 1902, the hospital contained twenty-five bedrooms, several parlors, reception rooms, operating rooms, and four large wards: one ward for women, one for children, and two for men. The hospital boasted a free ambulance as well as a free library for the use of the patients.
Haskins' Hospital closed its doors on June 1, 1915.
▶ More history coming soon.
▶ 3327 to 3333 Eoff St. (demolished)
Materials in the Library's Wheeling Room: (non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk.)
▶ Haskins Hospital, published by Haskins Hospital, 1915. Call #: Wheeling 362.11 H273 (duplicate copy in Archives Vertical files)
OCPL appreciates the generosity of patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials. Due to the number of items donated, limited staff, and limited space to house materials, the OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations and encourage reading our Donation Policies before donating: