This granite and bronze monument at the crest of Wheeling Hill on U.S. 40 marks the site of Samuel McColloch's famous leap. The monument was erected by the Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution in West Virginia in 1917.
More history coming soon.
▶ On the east side of National Road near the crest of Wheeling Hill, just north of the intersection of Mt. Wood Rd, Pike St., and Stone Blvd.
▶ Vertical File:McColloch's Leap, Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at Reference Desk
OCPL appreciates the generosity of patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials. Due to the number of items donated, limited staff, and limited space to house materials, the OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations and encourage reading our Donation Policies before donating: