Built by Wheeling brewer and businessman, Henry Schmulbach, Mozart Park, overlooking South Wheeling, opened October 25, 1893. The park's attractions included a dancing pavilion with a capacity of 5,000 people, a casino, a bowling alley, a restaurant building, an outdoor stage, and a one-third mile long bicycle track, and an inclined railway.
More history coming soon.
▶ No longer extant: Was located at the top of the hill above 43rd Street.
Materials in the Library: (circulating material)
▶ DVD: Mozart Park, Lunch With Books program with presenter Ryan Stanton, presented October 11, 2011. Call #: DVD LWB Moza
Materials in the Wheeling Room: (non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk)
▶ Vertical File: Mozart Park, compiled by OCPL staff