Wheeling Country Club
The Wheeling Country Club was chartered November 3, 1902, with the aim of the "promotion of social intercourse and improvement among its members." Founders were B. W. Peterson, Samuel S. Bloch, Harry C. Franzheim, Benjamin M. Hildreth, and John L. Dickey.
The Club House was designed in 1905 by Wheeling architect Frederick F. Faris of the Wheeling firm of Giesey & Faris.
The original Club House was sold in 1980 when the Wheeling Country Club relocated to their current, more modern headquarters.
▶ Read the National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form for The Wheeling County Club (includes in-depth history)
▶ Country Club and Golf Course: 906 Oglebay Dr.
▶ Original Club House (Now Stratford Springs): 100 Kensington Drive
Materials in the Wheeling Room: (non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk)
▶ Vertical File: Wheeling Country Club, compiled by OCPL staff