Belmont Covered Bridge from Wheeling Island to Ohio
Designed by Lewis Wernway, this bridge was constructed in 1836 and completed in 1837. It carried the National Road from Wheeling Island to the Bridgeport. It was replaced in 1893 by the iron Bridgeport Bridge.
OCPL appreciates the generosity and thoughtfulness of its many patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials to the Library. Because of the overwhelming number of items donated, the limited amount of staff time to handle these donations, and limited space to house the donated materials, OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations of books, historical materials, and other materials of value. Please read more about our Donation Policies: