Bridgeport Bridge from Wheeling Island to Bridgeport, Ohio
Built in 1893. Razed in 2011.
More history coming soon.
â–¶ Now demolished. The old bridge sat parallel to and on the north side of the current Route 250 bridge connecting Zane Street on Wheeling Island to Main Street in Bridgeport, Ohio.
Materials in the Wheeling Room: (non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk)
â–¶ Vertical File: Bridgeport Bridge, compiled by OCPL staff.
â–¶ Replacement of the Bridgeport Bridge carrying US 40 over the Ohio River / U. S. Dept. of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration and West Virginia Dept. of Highways, 1987. Call #: Wheeling 624.280975415 W52r
Materials in the Library's Archives: (non-circulating, view by appointment only*)
*Call 304-232-0244 or send an email to make an appointment to view archival materials.
â–¶ Beverly Fluty Papers, Box 1, folder 13. (View finding aid for Fluty collection)