Riverside Park Monument
Riverside Park Monument In Wheeling
Originally conceived as a drinking fountain by Mr. Charles E. Van Keuren, the Riverside Park Monument, was donated to the City of Wheeling by businessman and brewer, Henry Schmulbach, May 24, 1900. The original location of the monument was in Riverside Park (now Heritage Port) across from the Stamm Hotel (1300-1306 Water Street).
At one point moved to 29th Street, the statue was relocated to the Wheeling Island Marina in November of 1976 to make way for the construction of Interstate 470. The statue is now located in Wheeling Heritage Port along the 1100 block of Water Street.
➤ Current Location - Wheeling Heritage Port
This document was last modified .
-Information on this page compiled by cjulian & erothenbuehler