Belmont Covered Bridge from Wheeling Island to Ohio
Designed by Lewis Wernway, this bridge was constructed in 1836 and completed in 1837. It carried the National Road from Wheeling Island to the Bridgeport. It was replaced in 1893 by the iron Bridgeport Bridge.
OCPL appreciates the generosity of patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials. Due to the number of items donated, limited staff, and limited space to house materials, the OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations and encourage reading our Donation Policies before donating: