Built in approximately 1830, Woodridge was part of a government grant to Capt. John Mills. Daniel Steenrod bought the ground and later it was inherited by Mrs. Platoff Zane, née Margaret Steenrod.
▶ 1308 Steenrod Ave.
▶ Archival Collection:Harry Hamm Papers, OCPL Archives, non-circulating, must make an appointment to view collection. ▶ Steenrod Family History, compiled by Donald G. DuBois, 1995-2009. Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at Reference Desk. Call#: Wheeling 929.2 St32d v.1, Wheeling 929.2 St32d v.2
OCPL appreciates the generosity of patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials. Due to the number of items donated, limited staff, and limited space to house materials, the OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations and encourage reading our Donation Policies before donating: