Built between 1901 and 1902 on the site of the former courthouse, the Board of Trade Building was erected on the corner Chapline and 12th Streets for a total cost of a little more than $170,000. The Old Court House was razed in 1900 to make way for the six-story office building and theatre structure. The Court Theatre, located on the first floor of the Board of Trade Building, opened its doors in September 1902 with the musical comedy Miss Simplicity. The Board of Trade Building was designed by Wheeling architect Charles W. Bates.
OCPL appreciates the generosity of patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials. Due to the number of items donated, limited staff, and limited space to house materials, the OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations and encourage reading our Donation Policies before donating: