Construction began on what is commonly called the "Flatiron" building in October of 1895 and finished sometime around June of 1896. Originally the office and ware rooms of Riverside Iron Works, the building was acquired by National Tube Company in 1899 when National Tube bought out all of the Riverside works for $6 million. In 1907, the property was sold to the Wheeling Steel and Iron Company for $87,000. From 1930 on the building was owned and occupied by many businesses and individuals and remained vacant for many years. Today, the property has been renovated and turned into an apartment building.
OCPL appreciates the generosity of patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials. Due to the number of items donated, limited staff, and limited space to house materials, the OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations and encourage reading our Donation Policies before donating: