Built in approximately 1830, Woodridge was part of a government grant to Capt. John Mills. Daniel Steenrod bought the ground and later it was inherited by Mrs. Platoff Zane, née Margaret Steenrod.
▶ 1308 Steenrod Ave.
▶ Archival Collection:Harry Hamm Papers, OCPL Archives, non-circulating, must make an appointment to view collection. ▶ Steenrod Family History, compiled by Donald G. DuBois, 1995-2009. Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at Reference Desk. Call#: Wheeling 929.2 St32d v.1, Wheeling 929.2 St32d v.2
OCPL appreciates the generosity and thoughtfulness of its many patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials to the Library. Because of the overwhelming number of items donated, the limited amount of staff time to handle these donations, and limited space to house the donated materials, OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations of books, historical materials, and other materials of value. Please read more about our Donation Policies: