Wesley Methodist Church in Wheeling
Wesley chapel, formerly known as South Wheeling church, erected on Jacob Street, eighth ward, was built in 1850, rebuilt in 1871 , and extensively remodeled in 1890.
Wesley and Chapline Street Methodist Churches merged to form Aldersgate Church in 1966. Wesley Methodist Church was located at 3722 Jacob Street.
▶ Read a history of Wesley Methodist Church from the 1949 100th Anniversary Celebration
 "Cyclopedia of Methodism: Embracing Sketches of Its Rise, Progress, and Present Condition, with Biographical Notices and Numerous Illustrations," L. H. Everts, 1881.
▶ Wesley Methodist Church was located at 3722 Jacob Street (no longer standing).
▶ Vertical File: Wheeling Methodist Churches, (Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk).