Designed by Wheeling architect Frederick F. Faris, the combined Browne Bros. and Davis, Burkham & Tyler building on the 1400 block of Market Street was built between 1904 and 1905.
▶ More history coming soon.
▶ 1420 Market St. (now Wheeling Office Supply)
▶ Archives Collection: Browne Bros. Tailors records, 1890-1930 (non-circulating, view by appointment only - Call 304-232-0244 or send an email to make an appointment to view archival materials.)
➤ Archival Collection: Lias to Browne Letters. A series of 16 letters exhanged in 1927 between Lias and Browne Brothers tailors in Wheeling in an effort to create tailored suits for Lias. See the Document Center under Wheeling History Files > Bill Lias Letters to Browne Brothers Tailors.
OCPL appreciates the generosity and thoughtfulness of its many patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials to the Library. Because of the overwhelming number of items donated, the limited amount of staff time to handle these donations, and limited space to house the donated materials, OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations of books, historical materials, and other materials of value. Please read more about our Donation Policies: