C. Garforth Bottling Co. in Wheeling
Charles Garforth was an “ale bottler” located at Zane between 5th and 6th (now 17th between Eoff and Jacob) from about 1856 until his death in 1860. He primarily bottled George W. Smith’s brews.
1858 Wheeling Daily Intelligencer Ad:
Ale and Porter
East Wheeling, VA
A Good supply of Smith’s celebrated Kennet and other Ales, Brown Stout and Porter always on hand. Taverns and families supplied on the most reasonable terms.
▶ 17th Street between Eoff and Jacob
No images at this time.
▶ Vertical File: Wheeling Breweries, Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk.