Bank of the Ohio Valley
The Bank of the Ohio Valley was established in the late part of the 19th Century. Listed at 32 12th Street as far back as the 1882 City Directory, the Bank of the Ohio Valley building seen below was designed by Wheeling architect Frederick Faris and built in 1906. In 1933, the Bank of the Ohio Valley was acquired by and became part of Wesbanco. The building on 12th Street housed many businesses over the years including Al Hirt Restuarant and most recently Peking Garden Restuarant. Wesbanco still owns the property and has scheduled the building for demolition in February 2016.
â–¶ 32 12th Street (scheduled for demolition, February 2016)
- image from “The Ohio Architect, Engineer & Builder,” Vol. XXVI, No. 5, November 1915. From the Beverly Fluty Collection of the Ohio County Public Library Archives.
- image from “Complete Review of the Wheeling City Police Department, Fully Illustrated,” 1910. Ohio County Public Library, Wheeling Room