Quarter Savings Bank in Wheeling
The Quarter Savings Bank was incorporated July 1, 1901, by F. H. Frazier, R. H. McKee, J. C. Divine, J. W. Speidel, F. J. Ball with a capital of $25,000.00. Originally located at 1521 Market St., in 1914, the capital stock was increased from $25,000.00 to $100,000.00 and a "handsome and convenient banking building," (1) designed by Wheeling Architect Frederick F. Faris, was built on the corner of 16th and Market streets in 1915. In 1920, the Quarter Savings Bank became Quarter Savings & Trust and when the institution moved into a new and larger building at the corner of 14th and Market in 1926 [See Central Union Building], the name of the bank was changed to the Central Union Trust Co.
(1) GREATER Wheeling, West Virginia and Vicinity, PROGRESSIVE PUBLISHERS, INC., WHEELING, WEST VIRGINIA, 1920
▶ 1901-1915: 1521 Market St. (Demolished, now a parking lot)
▶ 1915-1926: SW corner of 16th Street and Market (Demolished, now a parking lot for WVNCC Student Center)
▶ Vertical File: Wheeling Bank & Banking Historical, Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk