The Davis, Burkham & Tyler Co. was a chain of music stores with branches throughout West Virginia and Ohio. Designed by Wheeling architect Frederick F. Faris, the combined Browne Bros. and Davis, Burkham & Tyler building on the 1400 block of Market Street was built between 1904 and 1905.
OCPL appreciates the generosity and thoughtfulness of its many patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials to the Library. Because of the overwhelming number of items donated, the limited amount of staff time to handle these donations, and limited space to house the donated materials, OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations of books, historical materials, and other materials of value. Please read more about our Donation Policies: