Warwick China Co. in Wheeling
The Warwick China Co. produced china 1887 to 1951. The company was noted for the Ioga line and specialized in brown glazed pieces with portraits of Indians, monks, and fraternal emblems. It also made other types of tableware and vases along with semi-porcelain pieces.
The Warwick China Co. factory was located in Center Wheeling at 2140 Water Street, corner of Alley 18. The Warwick China factory site was purchased by the City of Wheeling in October 2002 with Community Development Block Grant funds for $183,000. Engineering studies determined the 50,000 square foot building was not structurally sound and the factory was demolished in 2004.
▶ Biographical sketch of Warwick China Co. from 1902
▶ 2140 Water Street, corner of Alley 18. (Demolished)
▶ Vertical File: Warwick China Co., Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk.
▶ Warwick China: The Company Built By People, John R. Rader, Sr., 2000. Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk.
▶ Why not Warwick : literary composition, ideas and private collection, Hoffmann, Donald C., 1975. Wheeling Room, non-circulating, ask for access at the reference desk.
▶ Archives Vertical File: Warwick China Company, non-circulating. View by appointment only. Please call 304-232-0244 or ask at the reference desk to make an appointment.