Wm. Mitchell & Son were the proprietors of the Red Front Livery located at 44 14th Street in Wheeling. Mitchell & Son was a boarding and sale stable and also offered carriage taxi services (see advertisement below).
▶ 44 14th Street (no longer standing)
Wm. Mitchell & Son can be seen in this 1892 photo of French's Tavern from the W.C. Brown Collection. French's Tavern is the large building on the corner of Chapline and 14th Streets. Mitchell & Son is the next building looking down 14th Street.
- advertisement from Callin's Wheeling City Directory, 1892
OCPL appreciates the generosity and thoughtfulness of its many patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials to the Library. Because of the overwhelming number of items donated, the limited amount of staff time to handle these donations, and limited space to house the donated materials, OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations of books, historical materials, and other materials of value. Please read more about our Donation Policies: