Peoples Federal Savings and Loan Association of Wheeling
The Peoples Federal Savings & Loan Association was chartered in 1937. It was first located at 24 14th Street, then at 1414 Market. It moved to the 12th and Main location in 1949 when the National Exchange Bank was acquired by the Wheeling Dollar Savings & Trust Co. The Peoples Federal Savings & Loan Association was itself acquired by Federal One Bank in 1983. In 1998, Fed One was merged into United Bank which is still located in the building.
â–¶ 24 14th Street (1937) â–¶ 1414 Market Street (~1940-1948) â–¶ NE Corner of Main and 12th Street (Now United Bank)
OCPL appreciates the generosity and thoughtfulness of its many patrons in donating books, historical materials, and other library materials to the Library. Because of the overwhelming number of items donated, the limited amount of staff time to handle these donations, and limited space to house the donated materials, OCPL must restrict the donations accepted. We welcome donations of books, historical materials, and other materials of value. Please read more about our Donation Policies: